Earl Weaver said it best, "you're never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose." And the light at the end of the tunnel doesn't appear to be a speeding locomotive.
What are Sox fans learning right now?
- Wally Pipp Scutaro is staring at the rampaging Jed Lowrie, a.k.a. JLow per the Dirt Dogs. Terry Francona may have infinite loyalty to veterans, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.
- Sox fans are gnashing their teeth at some Saltalamacchisms (like the botched double steal today), but Jason Varitek has some flies on him. (try 0.077/.143/.077/.220).
- Beckett and Lester and pray for bad weather?
- After seeing some other Sox bullpen pieces, why does Papelbon sing, "How do you like me now?"
- Pedroia may not have had a hit today, but might have saved a run on the aforementioned double steal.
- Is Curt Young the real deal or stinkeroo?
- John Farrell, double agent?
- Sox probably not regretting holding on to Cameron AND McDonald after seeing so many lefties.
- Has anybody ever had a bigger disparity between average and on base percentage than Kevin Youkilis?
- Let Daisuke be Daisuke. Forget about any conversion at this point.
- Carl Crawford will be okay. Write that on the chalkboard 100 times.