Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Can Do This Job

"Experience is the best teacher, but sometimes the tuition is high."

"Listen, Mr. Henry, I can do this job." I'll go through just a partial list of qualifications, which should surely impress you.

1. Intimately familiar with trends, both following and fading them, including the use of technical analysis parameters such as directional movement and 20 day breakouts, such as Turtle Trading. Believer in 'mean reversion', which portends well for Keith Foulke.

2. Definitely on the wrong side of fifty. No young whippersnapper here.

3. Played Division I baseball in college. Er, sat on the bench in the bullpen specifically. At least I played beyond high school.

4. Can say, "Yes, sir, no sir, right away sir, aye aye sir, and I don't know sir, but I'll find out sir" with the best of them.

5. Know the value of a dollar, and the value of a franc, French, Swiss, or Belgian.

6. Willing to fetch Mr. Lucchino coffee, anytime.

7. Local product, born and raised in Massachusetts.

8. Intimately familiar with "Moneyball" concepts, having played Rotisserie baseball since virtually its inception, with multiple league titles, including from the defunct Prodigy network. Read "Moneyball". Picture of Billy Beane on my desk (not really, but I'll try anything).

9. Outstanding relationship with Boston Dirt Dogs.

10. Son went to school with Chris Snow (wink, wink), so I can potentially manipulate the Boston Globe.

11. Ivy League education (see previous GM)

12. Regular trader, unafraid to make decisions, with appropriate risk management.

13. Creative management style (see previous Dirt Dogs seating capacity expansion plans).

14. Willing to work cheaper than retread, revolving-door GMs you'll be considering.

My number's in the book.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummed out completely by the previous day's events. Went for usual morning constitutional wearing my usual Red Sox shirt but when I looked at it today it seemed tawdy and worn, dull and lifeless. It's hard enough loving a team that consumes your every moment but have Theo leave under these circumstances is almost unbearable because I know what's coming is not going to be pleasant.

Anonymous said...

We were hoping you could still fill in as an occasional knuckleballer as well

Anonymous said...

We were hoping that you could fill in as an occasional knuckleballer as well

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.